Words are so incredibly powerful. They can build you up to where you feel like you are flying or they can send you plummeting to dark places you think you’ll never recover from.
Each year, I choose one little word as a rallying cry for my year. In 2015 my word was “shine”, while 2016 it was “extraordinary”. As 2017 was beginning, I knew without a doubt my word was “survive” and for the past few months, I’ve been pondering what my one little word would be for 2018.
Why one little word?
Choosing one little word to name my year has helped me not lose faith, to keep my focus, to encourage me to press one when I want to give up. A reminder of just how important words really are.
My one little word for 2018 is…
After much thought and consideration, my one little word for 2018 is INTENTIONAL.
What does it look like to be intentional? I want to:
* adjust my life to what He has prepared for me – not just what I can control
* leave room to slow down, to linger, to really soak up my people
* remember how important it is to take care of me!
* make small moments the big moments
* live less out of habit and more out of intent
* know and live what I believe
* be a YAY-sayer and encourage those around me to seek out their hopes and dreams
* continue to make our house a home
* embrace my curves and wrinkles but work on treating my body better
* be careful with my “yes”es but also with my “no”s
* do more acts of kindness – both random AND intentional
* remind myself that what works for us might not work for others – and that’s ok
* let go of the negative thoughts and replace them with positivity and truth
* live with no regrets
* show up and never give up
* and to believe that anything is possible
So, no New Years resolutions around here – just a promise to myself to be intentional in thoughts and actions! What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?